All Saints, Merriott, Somerset
The church of All Saints, restored and enlarged in 1862, is a building of stone in the Early English and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, with aisles or chapels, nave of four bays, aisles, south porch, and a western tower containing a clock and 5 bells: the parapets of the aisles are embattled and have gargoyles of an interesting character; an organ was placed in the church in 1887: a lectern of oak and brass was presented in 1883 by the Rev. Thomas Hodson M.A. curate in charge here 1879-83: there are memorial windows to Charlotte Rodbard (1867); to the Rev. Thomas Price, a former vicar (1862), and his daughter Mary (1864); J. M. Templeman esq. (1862) and another, erected in 1904, to the Rev. Joseph Cross M.A. a former vicar: the church is approached from the roadway by a lych-gate, erected in 1888 in memory of the Rev. D. M. Claxton M.A. vicar 1883-7: there are sittings for 437 persons.
The parish register dates from the year 1646.