UK Genealogy Archives logo

All Saints, Martock, Somerset

Description

The church of All Saints is a very fine building of Ham stone in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of five bays, transept, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower containing a clock and 8 bells: the handsome carved roof and the seats are of oak: there are several mural tablets: the east window is Early English: in 1883 the chancel roof, the greater part of the interior of the church and the organ were thoroughly repaired: a new pulpit was also erected and the churchyard put in order at a total cost of £2,360: there are sittings for 1,000 persons.

All Saints', MartockNave of All Saints', Martock

Church Records

The parish registers date from the year 1558.

The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Martock 1559-1812, Somerset is available to browse online.

All Saints
Martock
Somerset

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Bath & Wells
Sittings:1000
Graveyard:Yes