UK Genealogy Archives logo

Christ Church, Crewkerne, Somerset

Description

Christ Church, in South street, erected in 1854 as a chapel of ease, is a building of stone in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave of four bays, north aisle, north porch and a turret containing one bell: the stained window was erected in 1886 by the late Major Sparks, in memory of his wife: the church was renovated in 1893, and affords 500 sittings: it is served by the clergy of St. Bartholomew's.

Christ Church
South Street
Crewkerne
Somerset

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Bath & Wells
Built:1854
Sittings:500