All Saints, Castle Cary, Somerset
The church of All Saints, situated on a hill, is a building of stone in the Perpendicular or in the Third-Pointed style, and was enlarged and nearly rebuilt in 1855, at a cost of £3,000; it consists of chancel, nave of five bays, aisles, north and south porches, and an embattled western tower with pinnacles and lofty octagonal spire, containing a clock and 6 bells: the east window and four others are stained: part of the finely carved rood-screen has been restored, and now incloses the vestry: there is also a carved pulpit, a very good font of the early 15th century and a brass eagle lectern: an organ chamber was built in 1891, at a cost of £300, and a new organ was then presented by the late John S. Donne at a cost of £500, as a memorial to the late T. S. Donne and Harriet, his wife. The church affords 700 sittings. In 1908 a sum of £500 was left by the late John Stephens Donne for the maintenance of the churchyard and the fabric of the church.
The parish register dates from the year 1564.