UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. Matthew, Mere, Wiltshire

Description

The mission church of St. Matthew, about 1½ miles south of the town, and on the Shaftesbury road, was opened in 1882, and is an edifice of stone and brick, consisting of apsidal chancel, nave, north porch, and a turret containing one bell, and will seat 150 persons: the cost of erection was about £1,000, the site being the gift of the late Miss Chafyn Grove; it is served by the clergy of St. Michael the Archangel.

St. Matthew
Mere
Wiltshire

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Salisbury
Built:1882
Sittings:150
Graveyard:No