UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. Mary, Kilmington, Somerset


The church of St. Mary is a plain building of stone, consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles, containing 2 bells: the chancel was rebuilt in 1864 and the church was restored in 1869 at a cost of £1,640, and in 1906 the tower was restored at a cost of £350, and two statues placed in niches on the south side: there are sittings for 300 persons.

Church Records

The register dates from the year 1538.

The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Kilmington 1705-1837, Somerset is available to browse online.

St. Mary

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Bath & Wells