UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

The Parish church of Wootton Fitzpaine, Dorset (not dedicated)

Description

The parish church (not dedicated) is a building of stone in the Early Decorated style, and consists of chancel, nave, north transept, south aisle, south porch and a plain western tower containing one bell: it was restored in 1872, at a cost of £2,000, defrayed partly by Mrs. and Miss Luttrell and partly by subscription, when the north transept, which had been demolished about 200 years previously, was rebuilt and a vestry added: there are memorial windows to Mrs. and Miss Luttrell and to F. Drew and R. F. Luttrell esqrs.: the church affords 200 sittings.

Wootton Fitzpaine parish churchWootton Fitzpaine parish church nave

Church Records

The parish register dates from the year 1667. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by Ancestry.co.uk and made available on their site (subscription required).

The Parish Church
Wootton Fitzpaine
Dorset

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Salisbury
Sittings:200
Graveyard:Yes