UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

St. Nicholas, Winterborne Kingston, Dorset

Description

The parish church of St. Nicholas is an ancient edifice of stone and flint, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle and an embattled western tower containing 4 bells: it was restored in 1873, from the designs of the late G. E. Street R.A. when the north aisle and a memorial window to Mrs. Michel were added: there are also two stained windows to the Besent family: the church has sittings for 298 persons.

Church Records

The register begins in 1598, but is imperfect between the years 1599 and 1613 and between 1675 and 1696. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by Ancestry.co.uk and made available on their site (subscription required).

thumbnail image

St. Nicholas
Winterborne Kingston
Dorset

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Salisbury
Sittings:298
Graveyard:Yes