UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

The Holy Trinity, Warmwell, Dorset

Description

The parish church of the Holy Trinity is a small fabric of stone, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, north porch, and a low western tower containing 4 bells; it was repaired and reseated in 1851; the chancel was rebuilt in 1881 at a cost of £1,300, defrayed by the Rev. E. Pickard-Cambridge, then rector, to whose wife a memorial window has been erected; there is also a memorial brass, erected in 1901, to the late Rev. Joseph Wood, rector here 1895-1900: the tower was almost entirely rebuilt and the bells rehung in 1887, at the cost of Lieut-Col. A. B. Foster: there are 120 sittings.

Church Records

The parish register dates from the year 1641. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by Ancestry.co.uk and made available on their site (subscription required).

The Holy Trinity
Warmwell
Dorset

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Salisbury
Sittings:120
Graveyard:Yes