UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

St. John the Baptist, Bamford, Derbyshire


The church of St. John the Baptist, erected in 1860, is a building of stone, in the Late Decorated style, and consists of chancel, nave, north aisle, vestry and a tower at the north-west angle, surmounted by a fine spire rising to a height of 108 feet, and containing 6 bells, dating from the erection of the church: the circular font of Derbyshire marble, inlaid with Italian marble, was presented by the late Thomas Eyre esq. of Moorseats, in 1860: all the windows are stained, one on the south side of the nave being the gift of Henry Cottingham M.A. sometime vicar of Hathersage; in the vestibule is a window commemorating the foundation of the church by William Cameron Moore, A.D. 1860, and displaying his arms: there are 170 sittings.

Church Records

The register dates from the year 1869.

St. John the Baptist

Denomination:Church of England