St. John the Baptist, Barlaston, Staffordshire
The church of St. John the Baptist, situated at the north end of the village, and surrounded by lofty trees, was rebuilt, with the exception of the tower, 1886-1888, at a cost of £2,500, and is an edifice of stone in the Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle, south-west porch and an embattled western tower containing 5 bells: the tower is the only remaining portion of the 14th century church: a new organ was given in memory of Mr. Clement Wedgwood in 1890: there is a stained east window and three memorial windows: in 1905 a carved oak pulpit was erected in memory of the Rev. R. C. Farmer B.A. vicar 1871-1901: the church affords sittings for 300 persons.
The register dates from the year 1551 for deaths and 1573 for baptisms.