All Saints, Turkdean, Gloucestershire
The church of All Saints is a small but ancient building of stone, in the Norman, Early English and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave of three bays, south aisle, north porch and an embattled western tower, containing 3 bells, recast in 1641, and a sanctus bell, recast in 1663: the tower and chancel arch are Early Norman, the chancel is Early English, and the rest of the building Perpendicular: the east window is stained and there is a memorial window in the chancel with inscribed brass plate to the Rev. Frederick Biscoe M.A. vicar here, 1837-80: the nave contains memorials to Elizabeth, wife of the Hon. Sir Montague Nelthorp, d. 1718, and Sir William Bannister kt. a baron of the Exchequer in Queen Anne's reign, who died in 1730: the communion plate includes a chalice, dated 1717, a paten presented by Anne Coxwell in 1754 and alms plate, dated 1735: the church was restored in 1857 and reseated with open benches affording 200 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1572.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Turkdean 1570-1837 is available to browse online.