St. Mary, Tormarton, Gloucestershire
The church of St. Mary is an ancient building of stone, in the Norman and Early English styles, consisting of chancel, nave of three bays, south aisle, south and west porches and an embattled western tower containing one bell: the two lower stories of the tower, the chancel and font are Early Norman: the nave and south aisle are Early English, seven of the windows are stained, and on the south side is a hagioscope: in the aisle is a brass with effigy and marginal inscription in excellent preservation, to John Ceysyll, "famulus" to Sir John Sendlow, ob. 1493, and in the chancel a slab of black marble, from which the brasses have been removed, to Sir John de la Rivere, c. 1350, a benefactor to the church; there is also a mural monument with arms to Edward Topp of Witton esq. ob. 1699; and a curious epitaph to Gabriel Russell esq. ob. 1663: there are sittings for 230 persons.
The register dates from the year 1679, and includes the register of baptisms and burials of West Littleton.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Tormarton with West Littleton 1600-1812 is available to browse online.