St. John the Baptist, Symondsbury, Dorset
The parish church of St. John the Baptist is an ancient cruciform edifice of stone, in the Perpendicular style, and consists of chancel, nave, transepts, south porch and a central embattled tower containing a clock and 5 bells: William Gulston, bishop of Bristol, d. 1684, is buried in the church: there are two stained windows: the church affords 450 sittings.
The parish register dates from the year 1558. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by Ancestry.co.uk and made available on their site (subscription required).
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Symondsbury, 1558-1812 is online.