UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

St. Mary, Sturminster Marshall, Dorset

Description

The parish church of St. Mary is an ancient edifice of stone, partly Norman, and consisting of chancel, nave of six bays, north aisle, south porch, and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles, containing a clock and 6 bells, which were rehung in 1911 in a new steel frame at the expense of C. E. Parke esq.; two new bells were given by the late Mrs. S. T. Courtney and the late R. Courtney esq.: a new organ was provided in 1907, at a cost of about £450: the church was restored in 1860, and affords 468 sittings.

Church Records

The register dates from the year 1563 and has been printed. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by Ancestry.co.uk and made available on their site (subscription required).

St. Mary
Sturminster Marshall
Dorset

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Salisbury
Sittings:468
Graveyard:Yes