St. John the Baptist, Shipton Moyne, Gloucestershire
The church of St. John the Baptist is an edifice of stone in the Early English and Decorated styles, consisting of chancel, nave of three bays, aisles, north porch, and an embattled tower at the southwest angle containing 6 bells: in a chapel at the east end of the south aisle are several monuments to the Estcourt family: the west window is a memorial to the Right Hon. T. H. S. Sotheron-Estcourt M.P. who died in 1876, and there is another placed by a former rector to his wife, who died October 4th, 1904: the candelabra of brass and iron were presented in memory of the Rev. Edmund Hiley Bucknall-Estcourt, rector of Eckington, Derbyshire, d. 1874: an oak lectern was provided in 1911 in memory of the Rev. T. G. Golightly M.A. rector 1850-1910. The church was rebuilt, with the exception of part of the north aisle, in 1864, under the direction of the late Mr. T. H. Wyatt, architect, and has 350 sittings.
The register of baptisms and burials dates from the year 1570; marriages, 1587.