UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

The Holy Trinity, Stourpaine, Dorset

Description

The parish church of the Holy Trinity, an edifice of flint and stone in the Gothic style, was rebuilt in the year 1858 by the Rev. Charles Tuffnell, then vicar, to whose memory a stained window has been erected; it consists of chancel, nave of four bays, south aisle, south porch, and an embattled western tower with pinnacles containing 5 bells: in 1882 a new organ was erected at a cost of £250, a brass lectern presented by the Hon. Misses Pitt, of Steepleton, and stained east and west windows erected: there is also a brass, placed about 1898 to Colonel Watts, formerly of the Bombay Staff Corps: the church was restored in 1871 and affords 250 sittings. In the churchyard is a lych-gate of oak upon a base of Ham Hill stone.

Church Records

The parish register dates from the year 1631. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by Ancestry.co.uk and made available on their site (subscription required).

The Holy Trinity
Stourpaine
Dorset

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Salisbury
Built:1858
Sittings:250
Graveyard:Yes