St. James, Horton, Gloucestershire
The church of St. James is an ancient building of stone, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave of three bays, north aisle, south porch ornamented with emblematic figures and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing 4 bells: there are monuments to John Paston 1737, and Frances (Tichborne), and Anne (Calvert), his wives; William Paston 1769, and Mary (Courtenay), 1747, and Mary (Chichester), his wives: William Paston 1673, Mary (Lawson), his wife, and others of the family; and the Hon. Anne Paston 1731: the church was restored in 1865 at the cost of Mrs. E. Fayle, the rector and parishioners: a new organ was installed in 1912: there are 300 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1567.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Horton 1567-1812 is available to browse online.