St. Michael, Hill, Gloucestershire
The church of St. Michael is an ancient building of stone, in the Early English style, repaired in 1759, and consists of chancel with south chapel, nave, south porch and a small western tower, with spire, containing one bell: the old oak benches date from the 14th century: the chancel is raised considerably above the nave, and has on its south side the Fust mortuary chapel, built by Sir Edward Fust, 3rd bart. about 1700, and repaired in 1864 by Herbert Jenner-Fust esq. of Hill Court: there are 150 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1629.