SS. Philip and James, Up Hatherley, Gloucestershire
The church of SS. Philip and James, erected in 1885-6, at a cost of £2,000, entirely defrayed by the Rev. W. H. Gretton M.A. and Mrs. Gretton, is a building of stone, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, north porch and a bell turret on the south-west containing one bell: the east windows, consisting of simple lancet lights, together with the west window and four on the south and two on the north side, are stained, and one of these commemorates the 60 years' reign of Queen Victoria: what is supposed by some to be the ancient font has been preserved and is in use: in 1894 the chancel was decorated with mural paintings by J. Edie Reid esq. and in 1900 an organ was erected, at a cost of £200: there are 133 sittings.
The register of SS. Philip and James dates from the year 1886.