Christ Church, Hanham, Gloucestershire
Christ Church, now the parish church, is a rectangular building of stone, erected in 1842, and consists of chancel, nave, north and south porches and a western turret containing 2 bells: the stone pulpit was erected in 1894 by the parishioners and others in memory of the Rev. William Fry B.A. vicar 1843-93: the brass eagle lectern was the gift of Mr. Fry's family: the church was reseated in 1878, at the sole expense of W. H. Atchley esq. and in 1891 was considerably enlarged, at a cost of £1,600, and will now seat 550 persons.
The register of Christ Church dates from the year 1842.