St. Andrew's Chapel of Ease, Frocester, Gloucestershire
St. Andrew's chapel of ease, which anciently formed part of the buildings of Frocester Court, was removed to its present site between 1676 and 1691 by the gift of Anne, Dowager Baroness Brooke. The oak ceiling has the initials "E. W." on the cornice and the date "1637," when the chapel was restored by Sir Robert Ducie, Lord Mayor of London; it was partly restored in 1891, and the chancel in 1896, and the whole was again restored in 1897, including the re-building of the nave walls: it now consists of chancel, nave and a small bell gable over the chancel arch containing one bell, bearing the inscription "Come away, make no delay, 1719"; there are sittings for 126 persons.
The register of Frocester for baptisms and marriages dates from the year 1559; burials, 1570; it also contains a record of the visit of Queen Elizabeth in 1574, when she stayed at Frocester Court on her way to Berkeley Castle.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Frocester 1559-1837 is available to browse online.