St. Mary, Flaxley, Gloucestershire
The church of St. Mary, erected in 1856, is a building of stone in the Early Decorated style, from designs by the late Sir G. Gilbert Scott R.A. and consists of chancel, nave of three bays, north aisle, south porch and a tower with spire at the west end of the north aisle, containing a clock and 2 bells: one of the stained windows is a memorial to Frances Elizabeth, d. 24 Nov. 1905, wife of Sir T. H. Crawley-Boevey, 5th bart. d. 1912, to whose memory a window was erected in 1913: in the vestry is a mural tablet to Mrs. Catharine Boevey, daughter of John Riches esq. of London; there is also a reredos of alabaster and several modern brasses, including one to the late Mr. Gibbs, at whose cost the church was erected; and in 1888 another brass was placed and the organ enlarged and rebuilt to the memory of Mrs, Gibbs: there are 200 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1559.