St. Peter, Dyrham, Gloucestershire
The church of St. Peter is an ancient building of stone, in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower containing a clock and 6 bells: in the south aisle is a very fine brass with mutilated canopies and six Latin verses, to Sir Morys Russell, ob. 1401, and Isabel, his wife; and a monument of freestone, with a canopy supported by five columns of the Corinthian order, and recumbent effigies representing George Wynter, ob. 1581, and Ann, his wife; there are also figures of eleven children, two inscriptions, and shields of arms: the font is Norman: the church was restored and reseated in 1877 at a cost of £1,500, under the direction of Mr. G. Vialls, architect, of London, when a new organ was erected: there are sittings for 220 persons.
The register, including Hinton, dates from the year 1568.