St. Andrew, Cold Aston, Gloucestershire
The church of St. Andrew is an ancient building of stone in the Norman and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles and containing 5 bells: the chancel has no east window, but the east wall is adorned with two richly carved and canopied niches: the chancel also retains a credence and piscina: on the north wall of the nave is an inscribed tablet to Giles Carter, ob. 1664: the church was thoroughly restored in 1876, at a cost of £1,292, under the direction of Mr. J. E. K. Cutts, architect, of London, when some fragments of carved Norman work were found and built into the porch: the church affords 120 sittings.
The register of baptisms dates from the year 1813; marriages, 1754; burials, 1813.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Cold Aston 1728-1812 is available to browse online.