UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

St. Nicholas, Moreton, Dorset


The church or St. Nicholas, situated in the park, and rebuilt in 1777 by James Frampton esq. is a handsome edifice of stone, in the Gothic style, and consists of apsidal chancel, nave, aisles, west porch and a south tower with four pinnacles containing a clock and 2 bells : there are eight stained windows, several carved marble tablets and an ancient brass to the Frampton family, who have been buried here since the Reformation: in the churchyard is buried Prince Clarence, second son of the late king of the Mosquito territory, Central America, who came to this country for the purpose of being educated: there are 200 sittings.

Church Records

The register dates from the year 1741. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by and made available on their site (subscription required).

St. Nicholas

Denomination:Church of England