UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. Margaret, Northam, Devon

Description

The church of St. Margaret is a very fine building of stone in the Decorated or Early Perpendicular style, completely restored between 1849 and 1865, and consists of chancel and nave, each with a north aisle, south traasept, south porch and an embattled western tower with pinnacles and containing a clock and 6 bells, all cast in 1770 by Thomas Bilbie, of Collumpton: there are several fine modern stained windows: the church affords 600 sittings.

St. Margaret, Northam

Church Records

The parish register of baptisms dates from the year 1538; marriages, 1606; burials, 1541.

thumbnail image

St. Margaret
Northam
Devon

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Exeter
Sittings:600
Graveyard:Yes