St. George, Cam, Gloucestershire
The church of St. George is an ancient building of stone in the Late Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of four bays, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles, and containing a clock and 6 bells: the 6th bell was added and the whole rehung in 1901: the stained east window was given by the Misses Rhodes, and there is a memorial window to Thomas Morse esq.: a new organ was provided in 1888, at a cost ol £300: in 1899-1901, the church was restored, provided with heating apparatus and gas, and work done to the bells, at a cost of £750: in 1905 a new clock with Cambridge chimes was provided, at a cost of £1,000, the gift of Mrs. Eyre: there are sittings for 470 persons.
The parish register of St. George dates from the year 1569.
The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Cam 1569-1812 is available to browse online.