St Barbara, Ashton Underhill, Gloucestershire
The church of St. Barbara is a building of stone in the Early English style, with traces of Perpendicular work, consisting of chancel, nave of four bays, small north aisle, south porch, and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing 5 bells; in 1868 it was enlarged by taking in the school-room formerly attached to the north aisle: there are several mural tablets to the Baldwyn family, dating from 1816 to 1857; the east window is stained: the church affords 259 sittings. It is the only church in England dedicated to St. Barbara.
The only church in England dedicated to St. Barbara
The parish register of marriages and burials dates from the year 1586; baptisms, 1596.