UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

St. Mary, Acton Turville, Gloucestershire


The church of St. Mary, an edifice of stone, in the Early English style, was almost entirely rebuilt, with the exception of the bell turret and chancel arch, in 1853, under the direction of Mr. Wyattt architect; it now consists of chancel, nave, north aisle (added in 1853), south aisle, south porch and a turret, placed between the chancel and nave, and containing one bell, cast in 1853; the chancel was restored by the Duke of Beaufort, and the rest of the church at the expense of the parishioners, assisted by a grant from the Incorporated Church Building Society: in 1912 the church was again renovated, a new organ installed and 6 stained glass memorial windows inserted: there are 150 sittings.

Church Records

The register dates from the year 1665.

The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Acton Turville 1671-1723, Gloucestershire is available to browse online.

St. Mary
Acton Turville

Denomination:Church of England