All Saints, West Alvington, Devon
The church of All Saints, which is about one mile south-west from Kingsbridge, is a fine building of stone, in the Early Perpendicular style, with some remains of earlier work in the chancel, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, a chapel set apart for the Ilbert family and containing memorial brass to the Ilberts buried in this church, south porch and an embattled western tower with four pinnacles, containing 6 bells: the east window is a memorial to W. R. Ilbert esq. and the west window to the Rev. Douglas Macdonald, a former vicar; there is also a window given in 1912 by Mr. R. P. Nicholls, in memory of his sister and niece: the church was restored in 1867 at a cost of £2,600, and has 328 sittings.
The registers date from the year 1558.