St. Martin, Aldington, Kent
Description
The church of St. Martin is an ancient building of stone, erected at five different periods, but chiefly in the Perpendicular style, and has a tower containing 6 bells: the old Saxon tower, commenced by Archbishop Warham, was completed in 1911 as a memorial to him and to Erasmus, who was rector of the parish in 1511: there is some very fine carved oak, including six stalls with misereres, and several memorial windows, monuments and brasses: the church was restored in 1875: there are 250 sittings.
Church Records
The register dates from the year 1558.
Findmypast have the following online for Aldington, St Martin: baptisms 1559-1911, marriages 1559-1934, burials 1558-1922
