UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. Mungo, Bromfield, Cumberland

Description

The church of St. Mungo is an ancient building of stone, in the Norman and Early English styles, consisting of chancel with two chapels, nave, north aisle, south porch and a western turret containing one bell, and a small turret for a Sanctus bell: one of the chapels is dedicated to St. George and the other to the Blessed Virgin Mary: the interior contains antiquities dating from the 6th century; all the windows are stained, and of these eight were presented by the late Joseph Nelson esq. of Moor Row House, in this parish: the church affords 400 sittings.

Church Records

The registers date from the year 1654.

St. Mungo
Bromfield
Cumberland

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Carlisle
Sittings:400
Graveyard:Yes