Christ Church, Allonby, Cumberland
Christ Church, erected as a chapel-of-ease to Bromfield, but made the church of a separate ecclesiastical parish, Feb. 16, 1906, was rebuilt in 1845 upon the site of a former chapel, erected in 1741, by Dr. Tomlinson, of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and his relatives, and is a plain cruciform edifice of stone, with a west porch and western turret containing one bell. In the church is a marble monument with medallion to Capt. Joseph Huddart F.R.S. formerly of the Hon. East India Co. Service, who died in 1816. In 1885 the interior was renovated and greatly improved, and an organ erected at a total cost of £510; the stained east window was erected by the patron in 1898 to the memory of his wife. A new organ was provided in 1899, at a cost of £170. The church affords 250 sittings, of which 40 are free.
The registers date from the year 1758, but are defective up to 1776.