UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. Andrew, Aikton, Cumberland

Description

The church of St. Andrew, which stands about half a mile east from the village, is a small but ancient edifice of stone in the Norman and Early English styles, and consists of chancel, nave, south aisle, south porch and a turret containing 2 bells: there are 230 sittings.

Church Records

The parish registers date from the year 1694.

St. Andrew
Aikton
Cumberland

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Carlisle
Sittings:230
Graveyard:Yes