St. Rumon, Romansleigh, Devon
The church of St. Rumon is a building of stone in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch, organ chamber and an embattled western tower containing 6 bells: the chancel contains two memorial windows, and the remains of a screen were existing here in 1822: the church was rebuilt in 1868 from designs by E. Ashworth esq. architect, of Exeter, and restored in 1885-7, when the tower was built: new chancel seats were erected in 1896, as a memorial to the Rev. Richard White Atkins M.A. rector 1884-95: in the churchyard are the remains of an old stone cross, and on the north side of the church is St. Rumon's well.
The parish register dates from the year 1539.