St Mary, East Worlington, Devon
The church of St. Mary, thoroughly restored and almost rebuilt in 1879 by the 5th Earl of Portsmouth at a cost of £1,000, is a building of stone, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch with a Norman doorway, and an embattled western tower containing 4 bells: there is a monument in the chancel to the members of the Nott family, dated 1704, and one in the nave to the Rev. Benjamin Clay M.A. a former rector, d. 1763.
The parish register dates from the year 1725.