UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

St. James, Acton, Staffordshire

Description

The church of St. James, Acton, formerly belonging to the Priory of St. Mary, Stafford, is an ancient building of stone in the Early Decorated style, and consists of nave with sacristy, north transept, south porch and an embattled western tower with pinnacles and a small spire containing 3 bells: it was restored in 1870 at cost of £1,154, under the direction of the late G. E. Street esq. R.A. and contains much beautiful stained glass and an interesting monument to Richard Neville, of Rickerscote, 1728: an organ was provided by subscriptions, in 1895, at a cost of £200.

Church Records

The register dates from the year 1571.

Findmypast, in association with the Staffordshire & Stoke on Trent Archive Service have the Baptisms, Banns, Marriages, and Burials online for Acton Trussell

St. James
Acton
Staffordshire

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Lichfield
Graveyard:Yes