UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

All Saints, Botley, Hampshire


The church of All Saints, consecrated in 1836, is a building of white brick in the Early English style, consisting of chancel (added in 1859), nave, aisle, built in 1892, west porch, built in 1895, and a western tower, containing 3 bells and a clock which was once the property of the celebrated William Cobbett. The font was dug up during the 18th century from the mud on the river banks: there is also a tomb with recumbent figure of John de Batley, brought from the old church, which stood a mile from the village, and part of the nave still remains. The present church contains five stained windows, of which the east and west, as well as the reredos, were given by Canon and Mrs. Lee; the others are memorials to members of the Warner family and to Mrs. Philip Chenevix-Trench: the church was reseated in 1903, at a cost of about £350, as a memorial to the Rev. Canon J. M. Lee, rector here, 1855-1903: there are 400 sittings.

Church Records

The register dates from the year 1679, and is currently preserved at the Hampshire Archives.

All Saints

Denomination:Church of England