Bettws, a village and a parish in Glamorganshire, on the river Garw, 1 mile SW of Llangeinor station on the Llynfi and Ogmore branch of the G.W.R., and 5 miles N of Bridg-end, under which there is a post office; money order and telegraph office, Aberkenfig. Acreage of parish, 5023; population, 1529. Coal is worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff; net value, 1/2£84 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church was restored and enlarged in 1893. A church at Pontycymmer and another at Pontyrhyl are under Bettws. There is a Baptist chapel. Dr Price, the Nonconformist divine, was a native.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.