Sandycroft, Flintshire

Historical Description

Sandycroft, a place in Saltney township, Hawarden parish, Flintshire, 4 miles W of Chester. It has a station on the Chester and Holyhead section of the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Chester; money order and telegraph office, Hawarden. There are foundry and engine works.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5


Old maps of Sandycroft are available on the site, and a current map is available on the site.