Battle, a parish in Brecknockshire, on the river Yscir, 3 miles NW of Brecon, which is the post town. Acreage, 1600; population, 126. The surface is diversified, and commands fine views. The manor belonged to the priory of Brecon. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St David; net value, £124. The church is a low building, situated on an eminence. It was restored in 1880.
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Breconshire is online.