Letton (St. Peter)
LETTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Weobley, partly in the hundred of Stretford, and partly in that of Wolphy, county of Hereford; containing, with the township of Hurstley, 224 inhabitants, of whom 119 are in the township of Letton, 6¾ miles (S. W. by W.) from Weobley. This parish, which is situated on the left bank of the river Wye, and intersected by the road from Hereford to Hay, comprises 1196 acres of a fertile soil. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 15. 7½.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Henry Blissett: the tithes have been commuted for £230, and the glebe contains 20 acres.