Kennett (St. Nicholas)
KENNETT (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Newmarket, hundred of Staploe, county of Cambridge, 5 miles (N. E.) from the town of Newmarket; containing 228 inhabitants. In June, 1647, this place was the head-quarters of the parliamentarian army. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 10. 10., and in the gift of W. Godfrey, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £194, and the glebe comprises 35 acres.