Grassby (All Saints)
GRASSBY (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Caistor, S. division of the wapentake of Yarborough, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 3¼ miles (N. W. by N.) from Caistor; containing 374 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the slope of a range of hills, forming a portion of the North Wolds, comprises about 1200 acres; the soil is generally chalky, in some parts of a clayey nature. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5. 17. 8½.; patron, S. Turner, Esq.; impropriator, M. Barkinshaw, Esq. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1815; the glebe comprises 151a. 2r. 4p., valued at £256 per annum. The church is an ancient structure. A place of worship for Wesleyans was built in 1840.