Glandford (St. Martin)
GLANDFORD (St. Martin), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of Holt, W. division of Norfolk, 1 mile (E.) from Blakeney; containing 81 inhabitants. The parish comprises 364a. 9p., of which 284 acres are arable, 28 pasture, and 56 heath; the surface is undulated, and the higher grounds command extensive views over the German Ocean. The village is situated in a well wooded vale, watered by the river Glaven, near which is found a peculiar species of rush, only known to grow in two other places in the kingdom. The living is united, with the rectory of Blakeney and the vicarage of Little Langham, to the rectory of Cockthorpe: certain tithes were commuted for land and corn-rents in 1820, and some tithes have been since commuted for £94. 10.; there is a glebe of nearly 9 acres. The church having long been a ruin, the chancel was repaired in 1840, and fitted up for the performance of divine service, by subscription.