Langness, Isle of Man

Historical Description

Langness, a peninsular headland at the SE extremity of the Isle of Man, flanking the E side of Castleton Bay. It connects with the mainland by a narrow isthmus between Castleton Bay and Derby Haven, projects 1 ½ mile southward with a mean breadth of half a mile or less, and terminates in skerries at Langness Point. A round beacon tower is on the Point, and a lighthouse has been erected near the end of the promontory, fitted with every modern appliance.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Maps

Online maps of Langness are available from a number of sites: