Kirk Andreas, Isle of Man

Historical Description

Andreas or Kirk-Andreas, a village and a parish in the Isle of Man. The village stands 4 ½ miles NW of Ramsey, and has a post office under Douglas. Population, 1239. The land is very fertile. Many barrows, and a camp, near Balla curry, are to be found in the parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Sodor and Man; value, about £600. Patron, the Crown. The rectory is always held in conjunction with the archdeaconry of the isle. The church was rebuilt in 1802, on the site of the preceding one. Eight runic monuments, or fragments of monuments, are to be seen in the south porch of the church.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1894-5

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.