- UK Genealogy Archives have a full transcript of the Marriages at Hawkchurch, 1664-1812 taken from the Phillimore Marriages series.
- Parish Registers going back to 1664 are held in the Devon Record Office - for details see Parish Registers in the Devon Record Office.
- There are copies of the registers (christenings 1663-1851, marriages 1813-1864, and burials 1663-1851) at the Dorset Record Office, and the Society of Genealogists.
- Hawkchurch Marriages, 1813-1837. [Devon]: Devon Family History Society.
- A description of Hawkchurch from the Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5 is available on the UK Genealogy Archives site
- Banfield, Jack. Hawkchurch "the village of roses": the story of a West Country village, where Dorset meets Devon ... Hawkchurch: Harry Austin (1996) 108p: ill,maps,ports. [Westcountry Studies Library - sxB/HAW/0001/BAN]
- Banfield, Jack and Austin, Harry. Where Dorset Meets Devon: Hawkchurch, The Story of the Village of Roses, from the Begining of time to the Dawn of the Second Millenium (second, expanded, Millenium edition), Tilworth Farm, Hawkchurch, EX13 5UB, Hawkchurch History Society (2000).
- Pulman, George P.R. The Book of the Axe. Bath: Kingsmead Reprints (1969) pp. 531 et seq. (Reprint of 3rd edition, 1875.) [Lookups]