Chilfrome

Select map to view larger area
CHILFROOM (HOLY TRINITY), a parish, in the union of DORCHESTER, hundred of TOLLERFORD, Dorchester division of DORSET, 9 miles (N. W. by W.) from Dorchester; containing 128 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £5; net income, £180; patrons, Sir G. Bamfylde, and W. Fryer, Esq. A school was founded in 1774, by George Brown, who endowed it with a rent-charge of £21.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, 7th edition, 1848. Transcribed by Nigel Batty-Smith ©2014

Church History

Church Records

Genealogy